10-12 hours per week - Spring/Fall Session
37.5 hours per week - Summer Session
Interns at CPR conduct research and compose content for CPR’s website, CLE courses, its publications and articles being developed by CPR staff. Interns also conduct background research as necessary for CPR’s Industry and Practice Committees and for Institute-wide surveys and studies, where appropriate.
Recent illustrative projects handled by interns:
- Conduct searches of legal databases 2-3 times per week for ADR cases, review cases and compile write-ups for noteworthy cases to be posted on CPR’s website.
- Update cases and assist in editing the “Mediator’s Deskbook.”
- Citecheck articles appearing in Alternatives
- Compose a note on class actions in arbitration to be posted on CPR’s website.
- Write abstracts of books selected for awards from CPR.
- Attend and assist with CPR’s annual meeting.
- Compile and input into spreadsheet list of attorneys in member firms working in the healthcare and pharmaceutical area.
- Create hypothetical based on new Bar Association Ethics opinion.
- Attend and take minutes at Committee meeting
Interested students should email a cover letter, CV/Resume, transcript and short writing sample (preferably analyzing a case) to:
Anne C. Ferguson
575 Lexington Avenue, 21st Floor
New York, NY 10022
An interview (preferably in person but at least by telephone) will be required.
Please note the following deadlines for applying for a CPR internship for each semester:
Summer - March 15
Fall - September 15
Spring - January 15