MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- April 4, 2013 Y-ADR Seminar- Time: 5:30-9:00PM PDT Location: Morrison & Foerster LLP; San Francisco.
- April 15, 2013 CPR Master Breakfast Series on Mediation with Kenneth R. Feinberg – Getting to “Yes”: Mediation Tricks of the Trade. Time: 9:30AM-11:00AM EDT Location: Kaye Scholer, LLP; New York, NY. (By Invitation Only)
Some sponsorship opportunities remain, please contact Mara Weinstein
for more details!
CPR ON THE MOVE:
21ST CENTURY PLEDGE:
- June 7, 2013 Ms. Bryan will be speaking at the European General Counsel Association's Spring Meeting. Location: Oslo, Norway.
Released at CPR’s Annual Meeting, the 21st Century Pledge
lays the foundation for a sustainable domestic and international dispute resolution processes within the corporate business model. Corporate signatories pledge to commit their resources to manage and resolve disputes through negotiation, mediation and other ADR processes, when appropriate.
- Guidelines for Arbitrators Conducting Complex Arbitrations:
These Guidelines are intended to provide arbitrators conducting complex arbitrations with suggestions and recommendations that lead to awards that are fair, promptly rendered, and accurate.
- March issue now available: Los Angeles mediator Michael D. Young’s periodic series, Rethinking Mediation, continues with “The Briefs”; CPR’s 21st Century Corporate ADR Pledge launches; The Master Mediator on bargaining-room imitation; Marc B. Victor on mediation probability assessments; Worldly Perspectives on ADR in Malta; Why the U.S. Justice Department asked the Supreme Court to eliminate the Amex case arbitration agreement; Details on the Fifth Circuit argument in the D.R. Horton employment class arbitration waiver, and the latest CPR James F. Henry Award winner, CPR in Brazil, and CPR’s Sports and Entertainment Panels.
CLE ON DEMAND:
Missed the 2013 CPR Annual Meeting? Three CLE courses
, accredited nationwide, have just been posted on demand:
- Timing is Everything-- When and How to Mediate Effectively;
- Technology and Innovation in Dispute Resolution; and
- Focus on the Biotech/Pharmaceutical Industry.
Also new on demand, "Litigation Risk Analysis™: A Tool for Successful Mediation." The full list of CPR on-demand courses is at WestLegalEdcenter.com. 25% discount for CPR members.
MUST-READ! Breaking News and Recent Articles