FREE EVENT - Managing Disputes in Emerging Markets: In-House Counsel Perspectives
- Peter J. Rees QC, Thirty Nine Essex Street Chambers, Former Legal Director at Shell and Member of CPR Board of Directors.
- Olivier André, Esq., Special Counsel and Director of Dispute Resolution Services, CPR
- Andy Moody, Eversheds
Panelists will include:
- Noah Hanft, CPR President & CEO, former General Counsel of MasterCard Worldwide
- Abhijit Mukhopadhyay, Vice President & General Counsel, Hinduja Group
- Isabelle Robinet-Muguet, Vice President, General Counsel, International Legal Affairs, Orange S.A.
- Gaurav Sharma, Senior Legal Counsel, Shell
A panel of corporate counsel will discuss the challenges which in-house counsel face whilst managing disputes in emerging markets and provide practical tips on how to handle such disputes.
Key topics will include:
- Practical differences in managing disputes in civil and common law jurisdictions
- Differing cultural perspectives on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Handling disputes involving emerging markets and cautionary tales from difficult jurisdictions
- The challenges of working with external counsel on a global basis, and how best to overcome them
- Spotlight on doing business in, and managing disputes relating to, Africa
Date: Thursday - October 30, 2014
Registration: 5:30 p.m; Seminar: 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., followed by a networking reception
Venue: Eversheds, One Wood Street, London EC2V 7WS
MEMBERS-ONLY: To listen to recordings of past Y-ADR Seminars, please log-in.