Young Attorneys in Alternative Dispute Resolution
CPR’s Young Attorneys in Dispute Resolution (Y-ADR) program promotes international ADR with young attorneys and introduces them to corporate counsel and experts in the field. Through periodic seminars and other initiatives, participants gain an insider’s look at the role of ADR systems and practices in corporations and multinational organizations. This program is recommended for attorneys 45 years old and younger or with less than 8 years of professional experience. > Learn about previous events
Y-ADR Steering Committee
is the leadership group for Y-ADR. The Committee meets periodically to discuss initiatives and events to promote the full spectrum of dispute resolution mechanisms with the younger generation of lawyers. The Committee is chaired by Dana MacGrath of Sidley Austin LLP and is composed of young in-house counsel and practitioners at leading law firms around the world. CPR’s Y-ADR Steering Committee members are selected through a competitive vetting process and serve for a two-year term.
Current Y-ADR Steering Committee members
: Vanessa Alarcon-Duvanel, Winston & Strawn LLP; Suzana M. Blades, ConocoPhillips; James Clark, Allen & Overy; Kiera S. Gans, DLA Piper LLP; Hagit M. Elul, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP; Fabiana K. Leschziner, DuPont do Brasil, S.A.; Andy Moody, Eversheds; Rick Richardson, GlaxoSmithKline; Charles B. Rosenberg, White & Case LLP; Brett Stacey, Walgreen Co.; Laura J. Stipanowich, Sutherland; Debra Verstandig, GE Capital, Americas, Norwalk, Connecticut.
Access Y-ADR Steering Committee Page
For more information about Y-ADR or Y-ADR Steering Committee, please contact Olivier André, CPR Liaison for Y-ADR, at
War and Peace: Ways to Improve Conflict Resolution Between Business Partners
This interactive discussion will address dispute resolution between long-term business partners. Our esteemed panel of in-house counsel experts will share lessons learned from past experience, how multi-step dispute resolution clauses can be used to manage disputes in long term contracts, the role of mediation in maintaining productive relationships among business partners, strategies for making dispute resolution civil, and how outside counsel and institutions can help.
Participants will include:
Moderator: Hagit Elul
- Olivier André: Special Counsel and Director of Dispute Resolution Services at CPR.
- Jean-Claude Najar: International Counsel at Curtis Mallet-Prevost, Colte & Mosle LLP, and Founder of the Corporate Counsel International Arbitration Group (CCIAG).
- Dr. Jürgen Klowait: Former General Counsel of E.ON Kernkraft GmbH, Co-founder of the ADR Roundtable of the German Industry
- Melanie Germain: Head of International Programs, Centre de Médiation et Arbitrage de Paris (CMAP)
Date and Time:
April 3, 2014
5:30 – 6 pm
Program & Cocktail:
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP, 201 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33131
more information forthcoming
- Y-ADR Seminar - Miami, FL, April 3, 2014 - Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Y-ADR Seminar - Frankfurt, Germany, May 6, 2014 – Allen & Overy LLP
- Y-ADR Seminar – Washington, DC, June 10, 2014 – White & Case LLP
- Y-ADR Seminar – Chicago, September 10, 2014 – Sidley Austin LLP
- Y-ADR Seminar – London, United Kingdom, October 2014 – Eversheds