There are a number of ways to do this:
- Self-Search of CPR's Neutrals Database: To conduct your query, click here.
- Pre-Qualified List of Neutrals:To obtain bios of CPR credentialed neutrals with pre-determined qualifications, send your request and a non-refundable fee of $1,500 to the address below.
- Mediation:To obtain the appointment of a mediator, send your request and a $925 ($750 for Franchise Mediation) non-refundable deposit to the address below. Please include contact information for all parties, including email addresses.
- Arbitration:For assistance in selecting an arbitrator or tribunal, send your Notice of Arbitration and, if available, the Statement of Defense, along with a $1,000 non-refundable deposit to the address below. Please include contact information for all parties, including email addresses.
- For assistance with any other procedures or services, contact our DRS Department at CPRNeutrals@cpradr.org.
Send all inquiries to:
Director of Dispute Resolution Services
International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution
30 East 33rd Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10016
CPR’s proprietary Panels of Distinguished Neutrals comprise the ADR elite. They include nationally and internationally prominent attorneys, retired state and federal judges, academics, and highly-skilled business executives, legal experts, and ADR professionals who are particularly qualified to resolve complex business disputes involving multi-national corporations or issues of public sensitivity. Focusing in 20+ business practice areas, CPR’s arbitrators and mediators have provided resolutions in thousands of cases, with billions of dollars at issue, worldwide.
When you engage a CPR panelist, you can be assured of a highly-qualified professional who has been both peer-reviewed and, more importantly, user-approved for excellence. CPR’s Panel credentialing process is rigorous and comprehensive; resulting in a world-class list of the most seasoned and credentialed neutrals, categorized by industry, practice-area, and expertise.
- CPR’s Global Panel contains neutrals located outside of the United States.
- CPR's Cross Border Panel contains U.S.-based neutrals experienced in transnational or cross border disputes.
- CPR’s S. Regional Panels contains highly-regarded leaders of the bench, bar and academia from major cities throughout the U.S. who are available to resolve complex business and public disputes nationwide.
- CPR’s Specialized Panels are assembled in response to CPR member requests and currently focus on 20+ areas of expertise.
Recognition by the courts: The CPR Panels roster has been used by the courts to identify special masters and as a resource for other public appointments.
CPR invites high-quality neutrals to apply to the Panel and reviews unsolicited applications received through the website here. Admission to one of CPR Specialty Panels may also include review by a select panel of high-end users, peers and/or academics. Candidates are screened for their ADR expertise and training, and candidate references are asked to comment specifically on the applicant’s qualifications to serve on large complex commercial disputes. Qualification to the CPR roster is demanding and available openings are very limited.
Rosters, names and locations of panelists, and biographical statements are available to CPR Members on the CPR website. Non-Members are invited to contact Citlalli Grace at email@example.com or +1.646.753.8230 for assistance finding a neutral. *A fee applies*
Once the Parties agree on a Neutral from the Web site, they may simply contact him or her directly without CPR's involvement if they wish. CPR receives no fee and asks only that the Parties and the Panelist inform us as to the assignment.
Typically, all steps are completed and the neutral is selected and assigned to the case within three weeks. Of course, in an emergency, the process can be completed even more quickly.
Include a contract clause providing that all disputes arising out of the agreement will be resolved by the CPR Panels using CPR's procedures. Sample clauses and procedures can be found under the Rules & Clauses.