2020 CPR International Mediation Competition
São Paulo, Brazil
2020 CPR INTERNATIONAL MEDIATION COMPETITION
As the only international mediation competition held in Latin America, the CPR International Mediation Competition is a unique opportunity for students to learn and practice mediation and negotiation skills through the role-playing of a mediation problem drafted by experienced mediators and practitioners. The competition convenes students and distinguished ADR professionals from around the globe providing exceptional networking opportunities.
The 2020 CPR International Mediation Competition, which will take place for two days on March 28-29, 2020, in São Paulo, Brazil. The competition will be hosted by Demarest Advogados and will be preceded by a training for students, taking place on March 27, 2020.
Pre-registration is open until November 15, 2019. To pre-register, please click here.
- Competition conducted in English
- Each team plays the role of mediator, counsel and client
- The Competition is structured around General Rounds, in which all Competing Teams participate, Quarter-Finals, Semi- Finals, and Final Rounds
- Each team competes for a Mediation Prize and a Negotiation Prize, as well as Best Client, Counsel, Written Statement and Best Teamwork
- The Problem will be developed by a team of highly-regarded mediators and practitioners, and will involve an international business dispute mediated pursuant to the CPR International Mediation Procedure.
- The Problem and confidential information for the purposes of submitting the Written Statement will be released in January 2020.
- Confidential information applicable to each oral round will be released at least 1 hour before each round.
- The Problem for last year's competition is available here.
Please consider sponsoring the competition. Sponsorship will enable the Organizing Committee to cover the general costs of organizing the competition and to create a scholarship fund for participating teams with financial needs who might not be able to come to São Paulo to attend the competition without financial aid. Please view the sponsorship opportunities here.
Please follow the competition on social media with the Twitter hashtag #CPRMed20 and our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cprimc/.
If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
For sponsorship opportunities, email Olivier André at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the 2019 edition of the competition, please click here.