2018 CPR International Mediation Competition
São Paulo, Brazil
2018 CPR INTERNATIONAL MEDIATION COMPETITION
APRIL 17 & 18, 2018
AT THE CHAMBER OF CONCILIATION, MEDIATION AND ARBITRATION CIESP/FIESP
The 2018 CPR International Mediation Competition took place over two days on April 17 & 18, 2018, in São Paulo, Brazil and was hosted by CIESP/FIESP. The Award Ceremony took place at the law firm of L.O. Baptista Advogados in São Paulo.
An impressive 21 teams participated in the 2018 competition:
- Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas (FMU) - Brazil
- National Law University, Delhi - India
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas - Escola de Direito de São Paulo (FGV DIREITO SP) - Brazil
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP) - Brazil
- American University Washington College of Law - USA
- The National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, University of Law (NALSAR) - India
- Universidade do Estado do Amazonas (UEA) - Brazil
- Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, Campinas - Brazil
- Centro de Estudios Garrigues - Spain
- University of Gondar, School of Law - Ethiopia
- Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR) - Brazil
- Faculdades Integradas Vianna Junior - Brazil
- Christ University, School of Law, - India
- Faculdades Milton Campos - Brazil
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná (PUCPR) - Brazil
- Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo (UFES) - Brazil
- Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) - India
- Harvard Law School - USA
- Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, São Paulo - Brazil
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUCSP) - Brazil
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune - India
And the winners were.....
1st Place – National Law University, Delhi
2rd Place – Fundacao Getulio Vargas – Escola de Direito de Sao Paulo
3rd Place – Faculdades Milton Campos
1st Place – Harvard Law School
2nd Place - Fundacao Getulio Vargas – Escola de Direito de Sao Paulo
3rd Place – Christ University, School of Law
Best Counsel – Juhi Gupta, Harvard Law School
Best Client – Jacob Omorodian, Harvard Law School
Best Team Work – National Law University, Delhi
Best Written Statement - American University Washington College of Law.
Social Media – H C Prateek, Christ University, School of Law
- The moot mediation was conducted pursuant to the CPR International Mediation Procedure
- Only 21 teams were invited to participate in the first round of the competition
- The language of the competition was English
- One team per university
- Law students, as well as business students and students from other fields, were welcome to participate
- Competitors acted as mediators, counsel and clients
- Each team must have had at least three members (one of them must have been a law student to act as counsel)
- Each Competing Team could have a maximum of one Coach
- Registration was free but participants had to cover their costs
View the full Rules of the competition here.
The Problem for the 2018 CPR International Mediation Competition can be found here. Note that the "confidential information" for purposes of submitting the Written Statements is also included. Confidential information to participate in each round of the competition on April 17 & 18, was distributed to the teams at least one hour before each round.
For information about the 2017 edition of the competition, please click here.
Follow the competition on social media with the #CPRMed18 hashtag!
CPR 2018 International Mediation Competition Co-Chairs:
Amanda Federico Lopes Fernandes
Juliana de Valdenebro Garrido
Olivier P. André