2022 CPR International Mediation Competition
2022 CPR INTERNATIONAL MEDIATION COMPETITION
Thank you to all competitors and judges for joining this competition.
Please see below a list of all competing teams and winners.
Congratulations to all of our winners and we hope to see you again next year!
The CPR International Mediation Competition is a unique opportunity for students to learn and practice mediation and negotiation skills through the role-playing of a mediation problem drafted by experienced mediators and practitioners. The competition convenes students and distinguished ADR professionals from around the globe, providing exceptional networking opportunities.
After the success of the previous editions, CPR held the 2022 CPR International Mediation Competition the week of March 26 - April 3, 2022. Due to the ongoing pandemic, we conducted this competition remotely via videoconference, which replicates the current reality of international dispute resolution and allows for travel-free access to this competition globally.
- Competition conducted remotely via videoconference in English
- Each team plays the role of mediator, counsel, and client
- The Competition is structured around General Rounds, in which all Competing Teams participate, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and Final Rounds
- Each team competes for a Mediation Prize and a Negotiation Prize, as well as Best Client, Counsel, Written Statement and Best Teamwork
- The Problem was developed by a team of highly-regarded mediators and practitioners and involved an international business dispute mediated pursuant to the CPR International Mediation Procedure.
- Confidential information applicable to each oral round was released before each round.
- American University Washington College of Law - Washington, D.C.
- Brooklyn Law School - New York
- Federal University of Paraná
- Fundação Getulio Vargas Rio de Janeiro (FGV -Rio)
- Fundação Getulio Vargas São Paulo (FGV-SP)
- Fordham University School of Law - New York
- Georgetown University - Washington, D.C.
- Gujarat National Law University - Gandhinagar
- Maharashta National Law University - Mumbai
- National Law Institute University - Bhopal
- National University of Juridicial Sciences - Kolkata
- National University of Singapore
- O.P. Jindal Global University - Sonipat
- Pontifica Universidade Católica do São Paulo (PUC-SP)
- Pontifica Universidade Católica do Paraná (PUCPR)
- Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie - São Paulo
- University of Nairobi
- University of São Paulo
2. American University
3. Brooklyn Law School
1. Tomás Garcia, University of São Paulo
2. Alyssa Sanders, Fordham University School of Law
3. Chirag Mittal, National University of Juridical Sciences
Best Written Statement:
1. National Law Institute University
2. Gujarat National Law University
3. University of São Paulo
1. Georgetown University
2. Pontificia Universidade Católica Do Paraná - PUCPR
3. Fordham University School of Law
1. Brooklyn Law School
2. O.P. Jindal Global University (Jindal Global Law School)
3. Pontificia Universidade Católica Do Paraná - PUCPR
1. O.P. Jindal Global University (Jindal Global Law School)
2. American University Washington College of Law
3. Georgetown University
Click here for information about prior editions of the competition.
If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.