CPR Advanced Arbitration Training
SAVE THE DATE!
This hands-on, interactive training will explore Best Practices in contemporary commercial arbitration from the perspectives of arbitrators and counsel. The training will enable neutrals to take their skills to the next level and provide a solid basis for litigators and in-house counsel to optimize their arbitrations, achieving the arbitration advantages they want in their cases.
Building on the many extraordinary initiatives of CPR’s Arbitration Committee and ideas generated at CPR’s recent annual meeting in Atlanta, the training will focus on such areas as the following:
- Addressing issues as to interim relief;
- Preliminary hearings;
- Designing the appropriate process for each case, including as to discovery and motion practice;
- Administration of discovery and motion practice;
- Taming the potentially destructive costs of ESI;
- Preparation for the hearing, including as to witness and exhibits lists and briefs;
- Conducting the hearing;
- Closing statements and/or post-hearing briefs;
- Award writing, including interim, partial final and final awards and functus officio;
- Applications for the modification of awards;
- Proceedings to enforce and vacate awards;
- Intra-panel relations;
- Arbitration Soft Law;
- Cyber security for arbitrations; and
- Practice development.
This training is designed to be responsive to the repeated feedback from the CPR community, including major corporate users of arbitration, that corporate America wants arbitrators and counsel who are able successfully to conduct fair arbitrations that are expeditious and economical so as to provide the benefits of arbitration as an alternative to court-based litigation.
The training will be conducted by leading arbitrators, arbitration counsel and in-house counsel with collectively hundreds of years of experience conducting and overseeing many hundreds of arbitrations:
James H. Carter, Senior Counsel, WilmerHale
Noah J. Hanft, President, CEO, CPR; Prior General Counsel, MasterCard
Lea Haber Kuck, Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
Charles J. Moxley, Jr., Independent Arbitrator and Mediator
Lawrence W. Newman, Of Counsel, Baker & McKenzie LLP
Edna Sussman, Independent Arbitrator and Mediator
NY CLE credit will be available. More information to follow.