CPR European Congress on Business Dispute Management
Time: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, followed by a cocktail reception
Registration is now open.
The CPR European Congress on Business Dispute Management is organized by CPR and its European Advisory Board in collaboration with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR). The conference will take place for a whole day at the London Headquarters of Mastercard and will be followed by a networking cocktail reception. Meeting panelists and participants will include an outstanding group of in-house counsel, leading practitioners, academics and jurists, as well as international arbitrators and mediators.
The luncheon keynote speaker will be John Fellas, Partner, Hughes Hubbard & Reed, New York. Confirmed speakers include representatives from Akzo Nobel, BP, Chartered Standard Bank, Deutsche Bank, Fluor Corporation, GSK, Mastercard, Monsanto, Orange, Shell, Siemens and Wärtsilä Corporation, as well as leading law firms.
|John Fellas is a partner in the New York office of Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP and the co-chair of the firm's International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution practice. He is an international arbitrator and co-editor of "International Commercial Arbitration in New York" (Oxford University Press, 2016).
His full bio is available at hugheshubbard.com.
Topics will include:
- The View from Inside — Through corporate case studies, speakers will share their experience on how they have successfully managed to drive ADR acceptance and embed thoughtful dispute resolution practices within their companies and board rooms, and the challenges they met along the way.
- Optimizing the benefits of arbitration and protecting yourself in the World’s hot spots
- Using ADR to gain a Competitive Advantage: How can ADR position your firm or company at the top of the heap?
- Cross Cultural Mediation - think globally but understand and embrace cultural differences to forge solutions
- Registration is free for CPR & CEDR Members, as well as for Corporate Counsel.
- The fee for CPR/CEDR non-Member Neutrals, Academics, and not-for-profits is US $100.
- The fee for non-Member Outside Counsel is US $200.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) = 5 hours
This event is covered by CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) a recognised provider of CPD for a number of professional bodies (including self-certifying schemes). This includes Law Society (E&W), Bar Standards Board, Civil Mediation Council and Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (please ask if you wish to know if your profession is covered).
New York CLE
This program has been approved for 8 New York CLE Credits. This course is for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys. The CPR Institute has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education in the State of New York [Reaccreditation Pending]. CPR is a nonprofit organization. Under financial hardship guidelines, at its discretion, CPR may waive the fee for attorneys who demonstrate that they are not currently employed (not retirees). CPR may also provide a special discounted price to attorneys, full-time judges and administrative law judges practicing in the nonprofit and public sectors full time. E-mail email@example.com for more information.
This course has been approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 7 credit hours, none of which will apply to legal ethics/professional responsibility credit.
For more information about CPR's activities in Europe, click here.
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Olivier André at firstname.lastname@example.org.