Y-ADR Seminar in Washington, DC 2017
Topic: How Outside Counsel can be Effective “Strategic Partners” in Dispute Resolution
Companies not only require their outside counsel to vigorously advocate their position when a dispute arises but to have the foresight and business acumen to understand what is the best overall outcome. A panel of highly experienced in-house counsel will discuss what characteristics define an outside counsel who is truly a “strategic partner” when it comes to dispute resolution. The discussion will include, for example, the significance of outside counsel knowing a client’s business requirements and objectives; why it is important to counsel clients on protecting themselves before a dispute arises; and how alternative fee arrangements can benefit everyone. The panel will also discuss the CPR Corporate Counsel Manual for Cross-Border Dispute Resolution.
5:30 – 6:00 pm Registration
6:00 – 7:30 pm Program
7:30 pm Networking reception
- Jonathan Greenblatt, Partner, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Olivier P. André – Vice President, International and Dispute Resolution Services, International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR)
- David Earnest, Associate, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Bridget Lankford, Senior Counsel, Dispute Resolution & Prevention, GlaxoSmithKline
- Robert Rubenstein, Vice President and Manager, Legal, Bechtel
- Roland Schroeder, Global Executive Litigation Counsel-Corporate, General Electric Company
- Albert Hilber, Director / Senior Vice-President, Claims Counsel, Swiss Re
The event is free but space is limited. Registration will be confirmed on a first-come first-served basis. To register, email Chris Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full contact information.