Y-ADR Seminar in São Paulo, Brazil 2017
CPR Y-ADR presents
Y-ADR Mock Procedural Hearing under CPR Rules for
Administered Arbitration of International Disputes
October 25, 2017
Registration – 5:30-6:00pm
Program – 6:00-8:00pm
Followed by a networking reception
Barbosa, Müssnich & Aragão Advogados (BM&A)
Av. Pres. Juscelino Kubitschek, 1455, 10º Andar
Itaim, São Paulo, Brazil 04543-11
Young lawyers will get an inside view of what often takes place at an initial procedural conference in an international arbitration. The mock arbitration involves an international energy dispute and is being conducted under the CPR Rules for Administered Arbitration of International Disputes before a panel of three arbitrators. Counsels and their clients will present their views on important procedural aspects of the arbitration, including the sequence of events, the number of filings, the timing and scope of document disclosure, and the possibility of mediation or settlement discussions. The mock will be followed by a Q & A session and a networking reception at BMA.
- Helena Tavares Erickson – Senior Vice President, Dispute Resolution Services & Corporate Secretary
- André de Albuquerque Cavalcanti Abbud – Partner, BMA
- Adriana Braghetta – Partner, L.O. Baptista Advogados & CPR Distinguished Neutral
- Eduardo Damião Gonçalves – Partner, Mattos Filho & CPR Distinguished Neutral
- Fernando Eduardo Serec – Partner, Tozzini Freire & Chair of CPR's Brazil Advisory Board
Counsel & Clients:
- Thalita Costa Jorge – Legal Counsel, BP Biocombustíveis | BP Biofuels & Y-ADR Steering Committee Member
- Gustavo Santos Kulesza – Senior Associate, BMA & Y-ADR Steering Committee Member
- Bruna Alcino M. da Silveira – Associate, Trench Rossi Watanabe
- Nicolas Lopez - Director, Legal Affairs & Business Development for Otis Latin America, Elevadores Otis & Y-ADR Steering Committee Member
Note that this program will be conducted in Portuguese.
The event is free but space is limited.
Registration will be confirmed on a first-come first-served basis.
To register, email Chris Silva at email@example.com with your full contact information.