Cybersecurity in International Arbitration – Geneva
This event is organized by CPR and the ICCA-CPR-NYCBA Working Group on Cybersecurity in International Arbitration. It is generously hosted by LALIVE and supported by ICCA.
October 4, 2018
5:30-6:00 pm: Registration
6:00-7:30 pm: Program
7:30 pm: Networking reception
LALIVE – Rue de la Mairie 35, 1207 Genève, Switzerland
At this townhall-style event, a panel of distinguished speakers will discuss key aspects of cybersecurity in international arbitration and present the draft cybersecurity protocol for international arbitration recently released by the Working Group formed by the International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA), together with the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR) and the New York City Bar Association (NYCBA). The Draft Protocol is meant to raise awareness about cybersecurity risks and to propose a framework that parties and arbitrators can look to in order to determine reasonable cybersecurity measures for their arbitrations. During a public consultation period that extends through the end of 2018, the Working Group is seeking feedback from the arbitration community about the draft protocol, and this event will be an opportunity to discuss several aspects of the protocol. Participants will have an opportunity to answer several questions relating to cybersecurity via live interactive polling. The event will be followed by a networking reception generously hosted by LALIVE.
- Michael E. Schneider – Partner, LALIVE
- Vanessa Alarcon Duvanel – Associate, White & Case & Secretary to CPR's European Advisory Board
- Olivier P. André – Vice President, International & Dispute Resolution Services, CPR & Member of ICCA-CPR-NYCBA Working Group on Cybersecurity in International Arbitration
- Kathleen Paisley – Partner, Ambos NBGO & Member of ICCA-CPR-NYCBA Working Group on Cybersecurity in International Arbitration
- Marc D. Veit – Partner, LALIVE
Space is limited and registration will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis.