Launch of the India Supplement to the CPR Corporate Counsel Manual for Cross-Border Dispute Resolution
Khaitan & Co.
24 Barakhamba Road
New Delhi 110 001 India
King & Spalding LLP
1185 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
At this event held simultaneously in person and via video conference in New York and Delhi, the CPR Arbitration Committee will present the India Supplement to the CPR Corporate Counsel Manual for Cross-Border Dispute Resolution. The Manual, published in 2017, is a comprehensive guide to planning for and managing the full spectrum of cross-border Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) processes. The India Supplement is the first of a series of planned CPR guides to the ADR regimes of major developing countries. It is intended to be read with the Manual and provides corporate counsel involved in India-related transactions and disputes with a primer on the country’s ADR laws and practices. In addition to providing an overview of India’s mediation and arbitration laws, the India Supplement examines certain procedural matters that may arise before, during or after an arbitration, including arbitrability, interim relief (before courts and tribunals), and enforcement of awards in India. The Supplement also provides strategic tips for planning for and managing India-seated arbitrations and covers practical topics that may be of interest to corporate counsel tasked with managing India-related arbitrations, such as arbitrating against the government of India (both state governments and the Union of India), third-party funding of disputes, and provides an overview of arbitration and mediation institutions based in India. Finally, the Supplement gives an overview of India’s investment treaty regime and of its experience with investment-treaty arbitration.
This event is supported by the New York International Arbitration Center (NYIAC).
ORDER YOUR COPY NOW!
December 9, 2019
New York: 8:30-10 am*
New Delhi: 7-8:30 pm**
*Breakfast will be served
** Snacks will be served
- Olivier P. André – Senior Vice President, International, International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR)
- Thomas C. Childs – Counsel, King & Spalding
- Helena Tavares Erickson – Senior Vice President, Dispute Resolution Services, International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR)
- Viren Mascarenhas – Partner, King & Spalding
- Rekha Rangachari – Executive Director, New York International Arbitration Center
- Matthew J. Weldon – Partner, K&L Gates
- Hagit M. Elul – Partner, Hughes Hubbard & Reed
- Sanjeev K Kapoor – Partner, Khaitan & Co.
- Dheeraj Nair – Partner, J. Sagar Associates
- Shankh Sengupta – Partner, Trilegal
Space is limited and registration will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that the list of registrants for this event will be shared with CPR for the purpose of organizing this event.