2021 CPR International Mediation Competition
São Paulo, Brazil - via Videoconference
2021 CPR INTERNATIONAL MEDIATION COMPETITION
As the only international mediation competition held in Latin America, the CPR International Mediation Competition is a unique opportunity for students to learn and practice mediation and negotiation skills through the role-playing of a mediation problem drafted by experienced mediators and practitioners. The competition convenes students and distinguished ADR professionals from around the globe providing exceptional networking opportunities.
The 2021 CPR International Mediation Competition will take place from March 13 to March 21, 2021, via videoconference. The competition will be hosted by Demarest Advogados and will be preceded by a training for students, taking place on March 13, 2021.
We present you the 2021 CPR International Mediation Competition teams! This year, we have selected 15 teams from Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America.
- Africa Nazarene University - Kenya
- American University - Washington College of Law - USA
- Cardozo Law School - USA
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas - Escola de Direito de São Paulo (FGV DIREITO SP) - Brazil
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas - Escola de Direito de Rio de Janeiro (FGV DIREITO RIO) - Brazil
- National Law University, Delhi - India
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná - Brazil
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC Rio) - Brazil
- Queen Mary University of London - United Kingdom
- Symbiosis Law School - India
- Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil - Ecuador
- Universidade de São Paulo - Brazil
- Universidade Federal do Paraná - Brazil
- Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie - Brazil
- Universidade Vila Velha - Brazil
- Competition conducted remotely via videoconference in English
- Each team plays the role of mediator, counsel, and client
- The Competition is structured around General Rounds, in which all Competing Teams participate, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and Final Rounds
- Each team competes for a Mediation Prize and a Negotiation Prize, as well as Best Client, Counsel, Written Statement and Best Teamwork
- The Problem will be developed by a team of highly-regarded mediators and practitioners and will involve an international business dispute mediated pursuant to the CPR International Mediation Procedure.
- Confidential information applicable to each oral round will be released before each round.
- The Problem for the last competition is available here.
2021 International Mediation Competition Co-Chairs:
Clare Connellan | White & Case
Cesar Rossi Machado | Demarest Advogados
Laura França Pereira | Three Crowns LLP
Thabata Silva Rodrigues | L.O. Baptista
Kai Sass-Hauschildt | CPR
Click here for information about prior editions of the competition.
If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.