CPR's New International Newsletter: Around the World
February 13, 2015
DOWNLOAD A PDF OF THIS NEWSLETTER HERE.
AROUND THE WORLD: WINTER 2015
Dear CPR Members and Friends:
For more than 30 years, CPR’s mission has been to enable parties to resolve commercial disputes more effectively – both directly, by enhancing their capabilities, and indirectly, by improving dispute resolution capacity worldwide. To maximize the impact of its international work, which includes advocacy and educational activities designed to increase understanding and thoughtful use of dispute resolution techniques, CPR works independently and collaborates with other like-minded organizations to drive key initiatives. Institutions with which CPR collaborates include:
• The United Nations Commission on International
• The American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution, including
• The Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia (IAMA) (Australia’s largest independent arbitration and mediation provider)
• The Centre for Mediation and Arbitration of Paris (CMAP) (a leading French and European Centre for resolution of commercial disputes)
• The Chamber of Arbitration of Milan (CAM) (a special branch of the Chamber of Commerce of Milan and the leading arbitration and mediation organization in Italy)
• CAMARB – Camara de Arbitragem Empresarial – Brasil, a provider of arbitration and mediation services to the business community in Brazil.
Over the last three years, CPR’s collaborations have enabled it to serve its members and the dispute resolution communities in the Asia-Pacific region, Brazil and Europe in extraordinary ways. Read the full PDF to see all of CPR's work in these regions.
CPR is the only independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to help global business and their lawyers resolve commercial disputes more cost effectively and efficiently. For over 30 years, the legal community has trusted CPR to deliver superior arbitrators and mediators and innovative solutions to business conflict.