CPR Institute Presents First-ever Law Firm Award for Excellence in ADR to Stradley Ronon Stevens &
October 31, 2007The CPR Institute has presented the organization’s first-ever “Law Firm Award for Excellence in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)” to Philadelphia-based Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP.
The CPR Institute recognized Stradley Ronon for its leadership and dedication to the principles of conflict management and resolution.
“For their commitment to principled and creative conflict management and resolution, the CPR Institute is proud to honor Stradley Ronon,” said Kathleen A. Bryan, CEO of the CPR Institute.
“They have set a successful benchmark for addressing resolution, prevention and management of major disputes in multiple practice areas.”
The award review committee – comprised of corporate counsel from General Electric, DuPont, Abbott Labs, Northrop Grumman, Johnson & Johnson and Microsoft, as well as faculty from the University of Missouri at Columbia Law School and Pepperdine University’s School of Law – agreed that Stradley Ronon demonstrated a firm-wide commitment and a culture promoting the principles of conflict resolution.
Focusing on criteria including processes, techniques, systems, commitment and scholarship which address the resolution, prevention or creative management of major disputes, the
committee acknowledged Stradley Ronon for having:
• instituted expansive, firm-wide training in ADR;
• established an ADR practice group which has partnered with clients to deliver educational programs in ADR and disseminated scholarly information on ADR to the general public through lectures and publications;
• developed ADR practice tools, conflict management systems and innovative approaches to solutions that better enable clients to achieve their business goals;
• actively participated in shaping many of the cutting-edge developments that have helped define the developing field of mediation and ADR; and
• linked their ADR programs to successful pro bono community activities.
“While many law firms ‘talk the talk,’ when it comes to ADR, Stradley Ronon is the one firm in America that truly ‘walks the walk,’” said Bruce Whitney, chief litigation counsel for Air Products, in support of Stradley Ronon’s nomination.
“Stradley Ronon deserves this award because of the manner in which they have institutionalized ADR within their law firm, and their innovative ADR strategies and techniques,” said Phil
Armstrong, senior counsel of Georgia-Pacific (Litigation & ADR).
In addition, honorable mention was awarded to the London-based law firms of Herbert Smith and Eversheds for their outstanding achievement in ADR and their commitment to the principles of conflict management and resolution.
The awards were presented on October 25 at the CPR Fall Meeting in Boston.
Download a PDF of this Press Release here