CPR and CEDR to Join Forces
October 13, 2016
Collaboration agreement will enhance benefits to users of CPR’s Rules in Europe; expand CPR’s educational offerings with CPR member discounts for CEDR trainings
NEW YORK, NY – October 13, 2016 -- The International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR), a global non-profit organization that advances dispute resolution practices and provides high quality dispute resolution solutions, announced a collaboration agreement with The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) the largest conflict management and resolution consultancy in the world.
Key points of the collaboration include:
- CEDR will market and promote the use of the CPR Rules for Administered Arbitration of International Disputes as part of its Dispute Resolution Services offering.
- CEDR will provide a platform for users of CPR Rules to file cases on CEDR’s website.
- Trained CEDR staff will be available to provide general assistance to users or potential users of the Rules, to answer any questions about the Rules or filing cases related to the Rules. Members will be able to call CEDR’s London office with any questions. Cases filed through CEDR will be administered out of CPR’s New York office by CPR’s Case Management Team.
- CPR will promote a range of select CEDR Open training courses offered in locations around the world. CPR Members and Distinguished Neutrals who register for CEDR’s Open Courses offered by CPR will receive a 10 percent discount.
- CPR and CEDR will offer an advanced cross-cultural mediation course targeted at mediators. Upon completion of this four-day cross-cultural training course, participants will receive CEDR International Accreditation. In 2017, the course will be offered initially in New York and São Paulo.
“We are thrilled about this groundbreaking collaboration between our two organizations. It is gratifying for us to have another ADR organization promoting CPR arbitration, particularly one as venerable as CEDR.” said Noah Hanft, President & CEO of CPR. “While CPR has always had an impact in Europe, driven by our European Advisory Board and our many members there, this partnership with CEDR will underscore CPR’s presence in Europe, enhancing the benefits we can offer and providing users of our international rules with an important local, real time dispute resolution resource in one of the most important business hubs in the world.”
“This partnership with CPR promises to benefit constituents of both organizations immensely,” said Dr Karl Mackie CBE, Chief Executive of CEDR. “CPR’s innovative and award-winning Rules provided the ideal international arbitration offering to complete our sophisticated portfolio of dispute resolution services. And both through CPR member discounts for existing CEDR trainings and future trainings conducted jointly by both organizations, we are excited to help CPR enhance its educational offerings to its members globally.”
About CPR: CPR is an independent nonprofit organization that, for nearly 40 years, has helped global businesses prevent and resolve commercial disputes effectively and efficiently. Our membership consists of top corporations and law firms, academic and government institutions, and leading mediators and arbitrators around the world. CPR is unique as: (1) a thought leader, driving a global dispute resolution culture; (2) a developer of cutting-edge tools and resources, powered by the collective innovation of its membership; and (3) an ADR provider offering innovative, practical arbitration rules, mediation and other dispute resolution procedures, and neutrals worldwide. For more information, please visit www.cpradr.org. Media contact: Tania Zamorsky, Email email@example.com, Telephone (646) 753-8223
About CEDR: CEDR is Europe’s largest independent Alternative Dispute Resolution service for both commercial and consumer disputes handling thousands of referrals a year. CEDR operates the Court of Appeal’s Mediation Service and is certified by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute under the European Union Directive on Consumer Alternative Dispute Resolution. CEDR is a leading negotiation and conflict management trainer internationally in the field and its acclaimed Mediator Skills Training Accreditation has been awarded to over 7000 mediators in 70 countries. www.cedr.com. Media contact: Andy Rogers, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone +44(0)20 7536 6000