Task Force on Diversity in ADR - Members Only
The mission of this group is to devise practical strategies to increase the participation of women and minorities in mediation, arbitration and other ADR processes. It also coordinates with minority bar associations on diversity initiatives around the country. The committee administers the annual “CPR Award for Outstanding Contribution to Diversity in ADR”, which recognizes a person who has contributed significantly to diversity in the alternative dispute resolution field. The Task Force is currently developing a corporate commitment to diversity, an ADR mentoring program and an apprentice program designed to further diversity amongst neutrals chosen to mediate or arbitrate by large corporations.
Participation in this committee is open to CPR members and non-members alike. The Committee is Chaired by CPR's President and CEO Noah Hanft.
Documents Of Interest
- Taking the Bias out of the Neutral by Anne Weisberg
- Diversity lacking among mediators, some attorneys say
- Forbes Woman article on the differences between mentorship and sponsorship
- Harvard Business Review Blog
- Initial Thoughts of Diversity SubCommittee
- Mentoring necessary but insufficient for advancement
- Formal Mentoring Programs
- Rikleen Institute for Strategic Leadership: Transforming the Legal Profession - Giving Voice to the Power of In-House Counsel