Task Force on Diversity in ADR - Members Only
The mission of this group is to devise practical strategies to increase the participation and inclusion of women, minorities and other diverse individuals in mediation, arbitration and other dispute prevention and resolution processes. It also coordinates with minority bar associations on diversity initiatives around the world. The Task Force has developed a corporate commitment to diversity, a two-year mentoring program in collaboration with LCLD and FINRA, and an apprentice program designed to further diversity among neutrals chosen to mediate or arbitrate by large corporations.
Participation in this committee is open to CPR members and non-members alike. This Task Force is co-chaired by the Honorable Timothy K. Lewis of Schnaeder, Harrison, Segal & Lewis LLP and the Honorable Shira A. Scheindlin of Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP.
Documents Of Interest
- Taking the Bias out of the Neutral by Anne Weisberg
- Diversity lacking among mediators, some attorneys say
- Forbes Woman article on the differences between mentorship and sponsorship
- Harvard Business Review Blog
- Initial Thoughts of Diversity SubCommittee
- Mentoring necessary but insufficient for advancement
- Formal Mentoring Programs
- Rikleen Institute for Strategic Leadership: Transforming the Legal Profession - Giving Voice to the Power of In-House Counsel