Diversity in ADR Task Force
The mission of this group is to devise practical strategies to increase the participation and inclusion women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, persons living with disabilities, and other under-represented groups in mediation, arbitration and other dispute prevention and resolution processes around the world. The Task Force has developed a corporate commitment to diversity, a two-year mentoring program in collaboration with LCLD and FINRA, and an apprentice program designed to further diversity among neutrals chosen to mediate or arbitrate by large corporations.
Participation in this committee is open to CPR members and non-members alike. This Task Force is co-chaired by the Honorable Timothy K. Lewis of Schnader, Harrison, Segal & Lewis LLP and the Honorable Shira A. Scheindlin of Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP.
Documents Of Interest
- Taking the Bias out of the Neutral by Anne Weisberg
- Diversity lacking among mediators, some attorneys say
- Forbes Woman article on the differences between mentorship and sponsorship
- Harvard Business Review Blog
- Initial Thoughts of Diversity SubCommittee
- Mentoring necessary but insufficient for advancement
- Formal Mentoring Programs
- Rikleen Institute for Strategic Leadership: Transforming the Legal Profession - Giving Voice to the Power of In-House Counsel