Y-ADR in London 2014
CPR Y-ADR presents
Managing Disputes in Emerging Markets: In-House Counsel Perspectives
Date: Thursday 30th October 2014
Registration: 5:30 p.m
Seminar: 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., followed by a networking reception
Venue: Eversheds, One Wood Street, London EC2V 7WS
- Peter J. Rees QC, Thirty Nine Essex Street Chambers,
Former Legal Director at Shell and Member of CPR Board of Directors.
- Olivier André, Esq., Special Counsel and Director of Dispute Resolution Services, CPR
- Andy Moody, Eversheds
Panelists will include:
- Noah Hanft, CPR President & CEO, former General Counsel of MasterCard Worldwide
- Abhijit Mukhopadhyay, Vice President & General Counsel, Hinduja Group
- Isabelle Robinet-Muguet, Vice President, General Counsel, International Legal Affairs, Orange S.A.
- Gaurav Sharma, Senior Legal Counsel, Shell
A panel of corporate counsel will discuss the challenges which in-house counsel face whilst
managing disputes in emerging markets and provide practical tips on how to handle such disputes.
Key topics will include:
- Practical differences in managing disputes in civil and common law jurisdictions
- Differing cultural perspectives on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Handling disputes involving emerging markets and cautionary tales from difficult jurisdictions
- The challenges of working with external counsel on a global basis, and how best to overcome
- Spotlight on doing business in, and managing disputes relating to, Africa
CPR’s Young Attorneys in Dispute Resolution (Y-ADR) program promotes international ADR with young attorneys and introduces
them to corporate counsel and experts in the field. Through periodic seminars and other initiatives, participants gain an insider’s
look at the role of ADR systems and practices in corporations and multinational organizations. This program is recommended for
attorneys 45 years old and younger or with less than 8 years of professional experience.