Insurer California Construction Defect Dispute Resolution Protocol
The CPR Insurer California Construction Defect Dispute Resolution Protocol states that "it is in the interest of all parties that new alternatives should be considered to attempt to resolve construction defect claims expeditiously, preferably without litigation, and that legal fees, expert fees and other defense expenditures be coordinated among the parties to the greatest extent possible."
To achieve these objectives, the companies below committed to adopt the protocol on behalf of their company and its subsidiaries with respect to any future construction defect claim arising in California in which they become involved as an Insurer of one or more parties, with defense obligations, and subject, whenever required, to the consent of their policyholder(s).
- Alliance General Insurance Company
- American Contractors Insurance Company
- Argonaut Insurance Company
- CIGNA Corporation
- CNA Commercial Insurance
- Fireman's Fund Insurance Companies
- Great American Insurance Companies
- Scottsdale Insurance Company
- Wausau Insurance Companies