Staff positions currently available (please scroll down for complete listings):
- VP of Membership & Business Development
- Digital Marketing & Graphics Coordinator
REVISED: VICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Position Overview: This position will play a key role at a small (15 person) legal non-profit located in Murray Hill, Manhattan. The Vice-President of Business Development will have primary responsibility for growing the membership and utilization of dispute resolution services all in support of the mission of CPR. The person in this role will work closely with the CEO and other senior leaders. The position reports to the CEO and will work closely with the Board, providing strategic guidance and direction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and effectively communicating the organization’s unique value proposition;
- Analyzing the landscape of relevant membership organizations to assist in developing and implementing integrated membership strategies and plans, aimed towards supporting current members and acquiring new members;
- Analyzing the landscape of arbitral institutions to assist in developing and promoting CPR’s Dispute Resolution Services to inside and outside counsel;
- Engage in personal outreach, targeted marketing efforts, presentations and leverage resources of the organization, including Board, leadership and current members, in support of business development efforts;
- Utilize social media in collaboration with other organizational marketing efforts;
- Track and report the success of initiatives;
- Provide guidance and collaborate with other staff members’ efforts in membership and dispute resolution services;
- Work closely with Manager of Member Services to oversee all retention and engagement efforts for existing membership;
- Prepare appropriate reports for board and other high-level meetings.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree;
- Experience in membership, legal marketing or business development highly preferred;
- Experience in arbitral institutions or with alternative dispute resolution preferred;
- Experience formulating high level and tactical strategies;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must;
- Ability to develop strategic, proactive relationships with prospects, current members, customers, partners, and other supporters;
- Ability to work collaboratively, build trust internally and externally, and maintain a reputation of strong customer service, competence, integrity and professionalism;
- Law degree and/or familiarity with legal industry a plus;
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Experience with association databases or sales programs.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Compensation, including an incentive component, is commensurate with experience. Includes a generous 401K plan and benefits package including, vacation medical, dental, FSA and transit.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DIGITAL MARKETING & GRAPHICS COORDINATOR
Key support, for a legal non-profit located in Murray Hill, Manhattan, will provide a broad range of marketing functions and support in a small (15 person) but dynamic and collegial office with a highly professional and close-knit team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is smart, well-organized, detail-oriented and will thrive in a fast-paced and results oriented environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be able to support and manage projects in the following areas:
Marketing & Graphics: Assist the Vice President of Marketing to write, edit, and distribute materials which promote the work and accomplishments of CPR
- Utilize mail client (ClickDimensions) to create and send mailings promoting CPR’s initiatives and maintain relevant lists of marketing contacts
- Monitor and report on Google Analytics statistics for CPR’s website
- Create and maintain Google AdWords campaigns for quality and effectiveness
- Assist with media pitches and press releases, and promote CPR through social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Create both print and digital marketing materials including banners, booklets, brochures, flyers, posters, social media graphics, widgets
- Develop design concept for company’s annual meeting – create graphics, print, and digital marketing materials (coursebooks, emails, flyers, nametags, posters)
- Create separate event website (Wix) with interactive functions including animations, event ticket purchasing, pop ups, etc.
Website: Assist VP with “webmaster” functions
- Use CMS system to maintain and update all facets of CPR’s website, including regular page updates, creation of new events pages, and online event registration forms
- Assist website users with website registration and access
- Serve as point person for the portal where the CRM database integrates with the CPR website
Database: Monitor and maintain CRM database including removing inactive emails and duplicates, updating records and monitoring existing workflows for accuracy
- Marketing work for CPR publication Alternatives – create monthly mailings distributing digital copy of publication, maintain contact list for recipients, and serve as key contact with publisher regarding member access
- Adhoc Administrative duties as need – enter event registrants in company CRM, assist in mailing packages, organize and track print communication and marketing materials
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to work well independently or as a member of a team in a collaborative small office environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with good judgment and decision-making skills
- Project management skills are essential
- Strong technical skills
- Candidate must be fluent in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is Critical (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition)
- Experience with marketing technology systems (Click Dimensions is a plus)
- Comfortable with CMS for website maintenance
- Experience with databases a plus
- Strong communication skills and professionalism
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workload
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive and resourceful
- Prior experience in a corporate or legal environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please submit cover letter and resumes to Beth Corman at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Interns at CPR conduct research and compose content for CPR’s website, courses, and publications and articles under development by CPR staff.
Learn more about the CPR Intern Experience, including videos, photographs, testimonials, articles written by our interns, and descriptions of past projects.
LAW STUDENT INTERNSHIP - UNPAID
Fall and Spring Semesters: either 10-12 hours per week (partial semester internship) or 37.5 hours per week (full semester internship)
Summers: 37.5 hours per week
Interns at CPR participate in the organization's research and activities to expose them to the organization's cutting-edge advocacy for the increased use of and development of commercial conflict resolution. CPR's work varies--no intern will have the same experience. Typically interns conduct research and compose content for CPR’s website, CLE courses, publications and articles. Interns also conduct background research for programs by CPR's Industry and Practice Committees, and for Institute-wide surveys and studies, where appropriate.