Staff positions currently available (please scroll down for complete listings):
- VP of Membership & Business Development
- Administrative Assistant
VICE PRESIDENT OF MEMBERSHIP AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Position Overview: Key role at a small (15 person) non-profit located in Murray Hill, Manhattan, the Vice-President of Membership and Business Development will have primary responsibility for growing the organizational membership base and for developing new revenue opportunities. The person in this role will work closely with the CEO and Program Leaders to identify prospective members and market other services offered by the organization. The position reports to the CEO and will work closely with senior staff, and the Board's Membership Committee, providing strategic guidance and direction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement long-term, integrated membership strategies and plans, aimed towards acquisition of new members;
- Acquire new members through personal outreach, targeted marketing efforts, presentations; attending events and leveraging resources of the organization, including Board, leadership and current members;
- Effectively communicate the organization’s unique value proposition to senior-level decision makers;
- Utilize social media in collaboration with other organizational marketing efforts;
- Track and report the success of recruitment initiatives and special programs using the organization’s membership database;
- Provide guidance and support to other staff members’ efforts in membership acquisition;
- Work closely with Manager of Member Services to oversee all retention and engagement efforts for existing membership;
- Serve as liaison to Board Membership Committee and prepare appropriate reports for meetings.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree;
- Experience in membership or business development highly preferred;
- Experience formulating high level and tactical strategies;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must;
- Ability to develop strategic, proactive relationships with prospects, current members, partners, and other supporters;
- Ability to work collaboratively, build trust internally and externally, and maintain a reputation of strong customer service, competence, integrity and professionalism;
- Law degree and/or familiarity with ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) and/or legal industry a plus;
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Experience with association databases or sales programs.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Compensation, including an incentive component, is commensurate with experience. Includes a generous 401K plan and benefits package including, vacation medical, dental, FSA and transit. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Key support, for a legal non-profit located in Murray Hill, Manhattan, will provide a broad range of administrative functions and support in a small (15 person) but dynamic and collegial office with a highly professional and close-knit team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is smart, well-organized, detail-oriented and will thrive in a fast-paced and results oriented environment. For the right self-motivated individual, this is a great opportunity to learn meeting management, research and general office support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be able to follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely actions are taken. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Executive Management including scheduling and travel plans and communications with CPR’s Board of Directors
- Provide support for the planning and execution of several of CPR’s events, including preparation of materials, processing and tracking registrations and payments, posting changes to website etc.
- Conduct research for members of the Operating Committee on legal topics to support membership, dispute resolution services and public policy work as needed
- Perform general administrative work such as invoicing, data maintenance, ordering supplies, payments and mail duties as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to work well independently or as a member of a team in a collaborative small office environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with good judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong computer skills - Candidate must be fluent in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) Experience with databases a plus
- Strong communication skills and professionalism
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and workload
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive and resourceful
- Prior administrative experience in a corporate or legal environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please submit cover letter and resumes to Beth Corman at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Interns at CPR conduct research and compose content for CPR’s website, courses, and publications and articles under development by CPR staff.
Learn more about the CPR Intern Experience, including videos, photographs, testimonials, articles written by our interns, and descriptions of past projects.
LAW STUDENT INTERNSHIP - UNPAID
Fall and Spring Semesters: either 10-12 hours per week (partial semester internship) or 37.5 hours per week (full semester internship)
Summers: 37.5 hours per week
Interns at CPR participate in the organization's research and activities to expose them to the organization's cutting-edge advocacy for the increased use of and development of commercial conflict resolution. CPR's work varies--no intern will have the same experience. Typically interns conduct research and compose content for CPR’s website, CLE courses, publications and articles. Interns also conduct background research for programs by CPR's Industry and Practice Committees, and for Institute-wide surveys and studies, where appropriate.