Podcast: Avoiding the Dispute Before It Begins
CPR President and CEO Allen Waxman is hosts a series of podcast episodes for the ABA Business Law Section's To The Extent That... podcast.
The series, titled "Avoiding the Dispute Before It Begins," includes six episodes. Links to the the episodes that have dropped are below.
Episode 1 provides an introduction to dispute prevention concepts in business relationships.
Episodes 2-6 focus on the application of dispute prevention and training dispute prevention professionals.
- Jim Groton, a retired partner of the law firm of Sutherland, Asbill & Brennan LLP (now Eversheds Sutherland), who is considered the “father” of dispute prevention and is the inaugural recipient of CPR’s Outstanding Leadership in Dispute Prevention award in 2022.
- Ellen Waldman, a former law professor of alternative dispute resolution, publishing more than 25 articles and books. She is the Vice President at the CPR Institute, and leader of many of the Institute’s Dispute Prevention initiatives.
- Howard Carsman, former Global Construction Claims Manager at Intel Corporation, and current Dispute Prevention panel member at CPR Dispute Resolution.
- Kate Vitasek, an international authority for her award-winning research and Vested® business model for highly collaborative and strategic relationships. Kate is a professor at the Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee.
- Scott Partridge, recently retired General Counsel of Bayer U.S. and former General Counsel of Monsanto; current founder of Partridge LLC.
- DeAndra Roaché, a full-time neutral specializing in arbitration, mediation, and fact-finding of various disputes.
- Peter Rosenbaum, partner at Jenner & Block.
- Joan Stearns Johnsen, Professor of Law, University of Florida Levin College of Law, arbitrator and mediator, and former Chair of the ABA Dispute Resolution Section.
To The Extent That... and "Avoiding the Dispute Before It Begins" is available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. It can also be accessed via the ABA Business Law Section's "Business Law Today" website: businesslawtoday.org/podcasts/